Be The Change You Want to See
Volunteering is a powerful and much appreciated way that you can become a vital part of North Side Community School. We have a broad range of needs where your time and effort could be the perfect gift to our North Side community.
- TUTOR OUR KIDDOS: Volunteers are needed to assist teachers with tutoring students (K-3rd grade) in reading, writing, and math during the school day Monday-Thursday. We provide training. We ask volunteers to come for at least one semester on a weekly basis so you can build rapport with your student.
- LEAD ENRICHMENT ACTIVITIES: The extended day (3:30-4:45 p.m.) offers opportunities to help facilitate activities for our students in grades 2-6 in areas such as sports, character development, cheerleading, crafts, music, meditation, yoga or other enriching experiences. These activities that you facilitate can be for a period of days or weeks depending on other scheduled activities and student interest. If you have a hobby you love, this could be something you share with our students.
- BE A CLASSROOM HELPER: Our teachers and students often need an extra hand in the classroom. Helping to facilitate activities and reading to students is a great value for us.
- BEAUTIFY OUR CAMPUS: Our eight-acre campus is expansive with vegetable gardens, flowers and trees. North Side always is in need of volunteer groups to help beautify and maintain our grounds.
- HELP PLAN EVENTS AND FUNDRAISE: Join one of our many committees to support our Board of Directors and Young Friends Board in raising awareness and funds for our school.
Download a more detailed list here of current volunteer opportunities. All new volunteers must fill out an application and agree to a background check process for the safety of our children. You will be contacted within 2-3 business days of submitting your volunteer application.
Contact Deb Cottin at 314.385.9502 x1406 for more information or to fill out an application.