Be The Change You Want to See
Volunteering is a powerful way that you can become a vital part of North Side Community School. We have a broad range of needs where your time and effort could be the perfect gift to our North Side community.
- TUTOR STUDENTS: Volunteers are needed to tutor students (K-3rd grade) who are behind their grade level in reading, writing, and math during the school day Monday-Thursday. We provide training. We ask volunteers to come for at least one semester on a weekly basis so you can build rapport with your student.
- LEAD EXTENDED DAY ENRICHMENT: From 3:30-4:30 p.m. Monday through Wednesday you could facilitate activities for our students in grades 2-7 in areas such as robotics, chess, meditation, yoga or others. You can serve a single class or the whole grade. We require an 8-10 week commitment. There is a competitive selection process for this opportunity.
- BE A CLASSROOM HELPER: Our teachers and students often need an extra hand in the classroom. Helping to facilitate activities and reading to students is a great value for us.
- BEAUTIFY OUR CAMPUS: Our eight-acre campus is expansive with vegetable gardens, flowers, and trees. North Side is always in need of volunteer groups to help beautify and maintain our grounds.
- HELP PLAN EVENTS AND FUNDRAISE: Join one of our many committees to support our Board of Directors and Young Friends Board in raising awareness and funds for our school.
Download a more detailed list here of current volunteer opportunities. All new volunteers must fill out an application and agree to a background check process for the safety of our children. You will be contacted within 2-3 business days of submitting your volunteer application.
Contact Deb Cottin at 314.499.1993 for more information or to fill out an application.