Already know that you are ready to enroll your child? Download our enrollment packet.
In a sense, the North Side enrollment process begins as soon as a parent expresses interest in North Side. Any age-appropriate City of St. Louis resident may attend North Side without charge. Once a parent contacts the school, the entire family is encouraged to visit the school. In fact, we prefer the first tour/visit to be un-announced and during the regular school day, so the family can be confident that they see North Side as it really is. Our staff will always make time to give a family a tour.
We encourage the next step to be a personal interview with our principal. It is important, if not critical, that the prospective family knows and understands the rigorous expectations of North Side before they proceed. While every city resident can attend, North Side demands much from both student and family, and it is important this is well understood at the beginning of the enrollment process. If the prospective family likes what they hear, we proceed together to a more structured process.
North Side Community School admits students living in the City of St. Louis regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, disability, English language proficiency, gender, or income.
As a neighborhood charter school, we serve students from our specific neighborhood, defined as being within a three-mile radius of our elementary school campus at 3033 N. Euclid Ave. Rough geographic street boundaries of our neighborhood are Skinker (Kienlen) on the west, West Florissant on the north, Grand on the east, and Delmar on the south.
Admission preference is given to those living within this defined area. Children with siblings already enrolled at North Side are automatically accepted.
A state-approved lottery system is used to make student selections. It works as follows:
Pre-kindergarten and Kindergarten
- There is an initial six-week kindergarten enrollment period, beginning sometime in February. At the end of this six-week enrollment period, a lottery will be held. The first enrollment period is limited to students living in the NSCS defined attendance area.
- If after the first lottery there is space in our kindergarten class still available, a second six-week kindergarten enrollment period immediately begins. At the conclusion of this period, a second lottery will be held.
- If after the second lottery there is space in our kindergarten class still available, a third six-week enrollment period immediately begins. At the conclusion of this period, a third lottery will be held.
- If after the third lottery there is space in our kindergarten class still available, a fourth enrollment period immediately begins. At the conclusion of this period, a fourth lottery will be held.
First Through Eighth Grades
- If any available slots are open for grades 1-8 after our re-enrollment period for current students has ended, a six-week enrollment period will begin sometime in April. At the conclusion of that six-week period a lottery will be held.
- In all circumstances, lottery winners will be notified by phone and email within 48 hours following the lottery drawing. The family has one week from their date of notification to let the School know of their intent to enroll. If the school has not heard within this seven day period, the student's slot may not be held.
- No student will be considered for any of the lotteries until an application is completed and on file in the school office. To be considered complete, an application must include all necessary forms as determined by the school. There will be no exceptions.