Support North Side Community School
When you support North Side, you are helping build brighter futures for children in need. Our scholars are under-served, disadvantaged, and full of potential for greatness. They are succeeding academically beyond expectations in a geographic area where academic achievement lags far behind average. When you support North Side, you are helping to level the playing field. You are providing a way up.
As our school grows, we need more supporters like you who want to lend a hand. We have five main pathways to lend your support.
- Donate money, stocks or items -- donate now or learn more
- Are you 70 and 1/2 years old? We have a great way you can help us!
- Attend or organize events
- Volunteer time or services
- Garner matching gifts
- Shop to give
The entire student population at North Side Community School qualifies for free meals and 98 percent of our scholars are African American.
Why Support North Side?
Like all charter schools in Missouri, North Side receives per-student funding from the state to operate our educational programs tuition-free for all students. However, we need additional funds for maintaining and improving our facilities, expansion of core educational programs, social/emotional supports for scholars, basic living supports for students' families, sustaining pre-k programming, providing free bus transportation, and much more.
Our families have chosen North Side because they want more opportunities for their children. North Side relies on private and corporate contributions to uplift our families and keep our offerings excellent. Here's a quick list of very specific actions that might be a fit for you.
- Host a fundraising or friend-raising party
- Donate books or art supplies...needed for all ages
- Donate your expertise for our Extended Day Enrichment programming
- Attend our annual Magic of Childhood Gala
- Become a member of our Young Friends Group (ages 25-40)
To discuss creative partnerships or your own personal ideas for helping North Side students thrive, please contact Deb Cottin at 314.499.1993.