Virtual School to Keep Our Community Safe
North Side Salutes You!
Our talented art teachers Ms. Ha and Ms. Neusitz made this tribute poster above on behalf of our students, faculty, and staff. We are in the same storm, but we ride on different boats. We appreciate all those who are laboring in high-risk situations. We see you. We thank you.
Remote Learning to Stop the Spread of the Coronavirus
Need fast access to your Google Classrooms? This is the spot to be.
A Note for Parents and Caregivers
Thank you for participating in our virtual school!
By participating wholeheartedly in this remote school, we are pulling together to protect each other during this global pandemic without sacrificing education.
You, as a parent or guardian, play a crucial role in the success of this virtual school. We encourage you to be as involved with your child's learning as possible. Many of you will be playing a much bigger role than usual. As administrators and teachers, we want to acknowledge that and send our appreciation. We thank you in advance for the extra hours, patience, and love that you are putting into this journey. We are here for you!
Resources for Free-Time Fun and Learning
- All Grades: Online learning resources by grade and subject
- All Grades: Online learning resources from the Missouri Charter Public School Association
Be sure to browse these enormous galleries and click the links that click with your interests. Learning can be fun. Just go to the right site for you!
Google Classroom Codes and Resources
An archive of assignments from March 18-April 3, 2020 are included above.
Support for Parents, Guardians, and Scholars
Getting Started Help Videos from Mr. Greenlee
Instructions for Downloading Google Chrome Browser
- Search Google for "Google Chrome Browser" or Use this link https://www.google.com/
- Click Download Chrome
- Restart computer (Computer may do this on its own)
- Select the Chome Application to open and use it ( Should be on the desktop after installation)
- Search ---> google classroom https://classroom.
- It will prompt you to enter a google email login. Students will need to use their NORTHSIDE SCHOOL EMAIL address and password to log in
- Search for your child's classroom. If you see none on the screen select the plus sign located on the top right of your screen to "join" a class.
- Use a code provided to you by your child's teacher.
- You are all set!
To use Chrome on Windows, you'll need: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 or later
For Wifi Hotspots from North Side
- The Network Name (SSID): NSCS Mobile Hotspot
- Password: 3033Euclid
For Microsoft Windows 10 laptops–not Chromebooks
- User account: laptops@
- Password: 3033Euclid
- Device PIN: 3033
Staying in Touch with Your Teachers
If there is any frustration or confusion trying to complete assignments, please know that North Side teachers are here during regular school hours to support you. For help with explaining lessons or understanding instructions, please contact your teacher through Google Classroom/Hangout, via email, or phone. Phone numbers can be obtained from your packets, by contacting the front desk, or logging into your Google Classroom or Class Dojo.
Please respect traditional school hours when phoning or texting the faculty. Please limit your outreach between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Thank you for helping us take care of our teachers so that they can take better care of your children!
Beyond Food: Support for Your Entire Family
Is your family struggling due to COVID-related issues? Has your family experienced a death or contracted the illness? Lost income or childcare?
North Side wants to help.
We can offer a variety of resources depending on your situation. Please contact our social worker Ms. Allen, for discreet, compassionate support. Ms. Allen's cell is 314-324-1010.
Your situation will remain strictly between you and Ms. Allen unless you give permission to involve others in providing support. The exception is a known case of COVID-19 in your household which must be reported to the health department.